Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Trying to Get Done

So this weekend is going to be my wife and I's first camping trip of the year with the van and I'm trying to get it back together enough to camp in. Last night I managed to stick a few more pieces of sound deadener in the front cab, put the driver's side door back together, and stripped the second bucket seat down to the metal for prep and paint. I'm hoping to prep and paint the seat frame tonight and then go for the upholstry install on Wednesday night. I made a little more progress on the carpet install but I've still got another hour or two of work ahead of me until I'm finished with it. Sadly, I ran out of spray adhesive so I've got to get some more if I'm going to get the carpet finished by the end of the week.

I also started work on cleaning the camping equipment and I'm hoping to finish that up tonight. Maybe I can get it reinstalled on Thursday night and then I'll at least be ready to roll out on Friday after work. I was originally hoping to take the day off on Friday to knock any remaining tasks while I wait for my wife to get off work but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get away from the office that day. I'm just going to have to get everything done in the next couple of days. I might be able to get away a few hours early but its going to be tight.

It is going to be a pretty serious pain to reinstall the camping equipment and then take it all back out again after the trip so I can deal with that rust issue in some fashion but I don't really see another way. My plan in the meanwhile is to just douse the area with used motor oil so I can retard the rust while waiting for the real repair. I've also got to get the oil changed on the van before we roll out so getting all of this done is going to be a little tight.

0 comments: