Thursday, April 3, 2008

Amazing Knowledge Gained!

I was just poking around on the GoWesty site and I learned something amazing. I've got this horrible "chrome" trim around all of my windows on my van. The finished has flaked off and looks completely terrible. I thought that my only option to fix it was to either find some way to hide what is there or replace all of the window seals on the van. Replacing the seals would cost at least $500 for new seals so I had pretty much ruled that options out. However, I found an article on GoWesty that said that the "chrome" was just plastic sitting in a rubber groove and could easily be removed without compromising the integrity of the seal. I trust what the people at GoWesty say so I immediately went out to my van and ripped one of the trim pieces out. It really is easy! Now my windows look awesome! I took a before and an after but the lighting on the after was a little screwy. Anyway...


Before:


After:


Tomorrow I will do the rest of the van and if the weather is decent I'll post some new pictures. I warn you though, the van is really dirty right now.

0 comments: