Monday, April 7, 2008

I Finally Did It

I actually placed my order for front seat covers to SewFine. It took months but I finally settled on a plan. Thanks to my wife I decided on brown backs and sides with an off white stripe down the center of each seat. I'm doing an all vinyl setup for ease of cleaning and durability. I am concerned about what my dog is going to do to the seats but decided in the long run that the vinyl was the better option. There is certainly a chance that my dog could puncture the seat with his claws so I'm just going to make a little pillow to keep in the passenger seat whenever he is in the car. I'm not sure how long that will actually last but I was thinking that having the ability to just take out the cushion and wash it and then wipe down the seat is a lot better than dog hair and dirt encrusted tweed.

By the way I really have liked dealing with Sew Fine. It is strange to have to actually call a person to place an order but their phone folks are really nice and great at answering questions. Plus the guy told me that I should be able to get them in plenty of time to get them installed for our first big camping trip of the year which is the first weekend in May. Now I'm excited.

0 comments: