Monday, April 7, 2008

Interior Removed!

After finishing the sound deadening/insulation on my passenger door I decided to go ahead and do the entire front of the van. I ripped out all of the carpet in the front and removed the hardware on the driver's side door. Right now things are a pretty huge mess but I'm really excited to report no signs of rust in the front cab of the van! I was really worried that I'd be greeted by massive rust when I ripped all that old carpet up. It wasn't exactly nice under there but at least it isn't rusty.

Next I'm going to clean everything out and apply the same duct insulation all over the cab. After that I've got a decision to make. I've got to decide if I'm going to replace the carpet or not in the front. At first my plan was to just take the old stuff out and clean it. However, once I saw all that dirty carpet sitting there on the floor, the idea of putting it back in the van wasn't all that appealing. Plus I did rip the carpet in a couple of places while I was taking it out. So now I am considering just replacing it all with new stuff.

1 comments:

elpablo said...

so did the sound dampening work?