Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Curtains!

In far less masculine news, I've been thinking about curtains today. These won't be lacy affairs with pretty pink trim though - no, I've decided I need to make some man-style practical super bomber curtains to improve my van while simultaneously adding much needed color and flair to my currently bland interior. The plan is to get some Warm Window material online and then get some blue fabric from a fabric store. I got this idea from two sites. The Warm Window idea comes from one of my personal favorites the Vanagon for All Seasons Site. You can check them out here. Here is a picture of the ones on their van



The blue idea comes from a new site I found the other day about a couple that has taken a Vanagon all the way from Canada down into Central America. They had this picture on their blog and I liked the look.



Anyway, I figure I'll make some of those to replace the stock ones in there now. Should be sweet.

2 comments:

Julia Schrenkler said...

Hey Stuart, can you share the link to that travel blog you mentioned? Looks interesting.

Hope to see your cool - errrr warm - curtains soon.

Stuart said...

Wow, I am terrible at moderating comments. Sorry I missed this one. The blog that cover's these guys journey is http://panamvan.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!