Thursday, March 6, 2008

Replacement Parts In Route!

I just ordered a new Bosche fuel pump and a replacement sliding door handle from the Bus Depot. I can't remember if I mentioned it but a few weeks ago on a really cold day I went to open the sliding door and just sheared the handle right off. I hear that's a relatively common thing to happen with Vanagons but it was still strange to see. I'm hoping the replacement process won't be too tough.

Also, I've been doing some reading online and I've read that you don't need to drain your fuel tank to replace your fuel pump but that you do need something to stop up the hoses as you take them off. This still seems dubious to me but I guess once I find something to plug those hoses then I'll just give it a go. I better keep some sort of bucket around just in case all the same. Should be fun.

0 comments: