Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm Calling SewFine

Today is going to be the day that I finally do something about the seats in the Vanagon. I'm planning to order replacement foam and vinyl covers for the front seats in the van. I'm thinking I'll go with black and brown using brown as the dominant color. Hope installation won't be too painful.

In other news, I've decide my second battery setup sucks. There just isn't enough room for my second battery under the driver's seat and plus it makes me keep my chair really close to the steering wheel. I'm tired of that and ready to try something new. Down the road I want to get a solar pannel for the roof so I'm going to at least need to install a controller as well as the second battery. To me it makes sense to be able to see all of the battery equipment in one area so I'm planning to move it all to the left side of the passenger bench. Plus I'm hoping that putting a battery or two on the left side will help to further counter weight the weight of the stover, sink, fridge.

This weekend I also picked up a new toy for the van. I got a nice Coleman two burner propane stove. The price was too low to resist and I had good experience with these stoves in the past so I picked one up. I suppose this means that I won't be messing with the built in stove any time soon. To me the portable stove is just a smarter deal than a built it. The Coleman stove is just as good at cooking, can be moved outside if I want, and is a lot easier to fix if something goes wrong with it. I may even want to think about removing my stove, sink, fridge unit entirely and replacing it with a more useful set of cabinents. I'm going to have to think on that.

Here is my stove:

0 comments: