Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fun With Wiring

I've been thinking more about how to revamp the wiring for my auxilary battery. The issues that I have with my current setup are that:

A) I really need shore power to actually charge the system and I rarely have access to such.

B) I don't like having to keep my seat so far forward just so I can put a battery behind the driver's seat.

C) I'd like to be able to support more than one battery.

D) It would be nice to have better access to my electrical system as well as equipment for monitoring usage, charge level, charge rate, etc.

So the route I'm thinking of going to to start using an existing design and see what I can do to improve it. I'm a fan of what the dude over at Vanagon for All Seasons (http://home.earthlink.net/~johndolsen/index.html) is doing - here is a diagram of his setup.


This at least gives me a starting point for a safe setup. I'll add more as I think of it.

0 comments: