Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Part Are Here

I got my fuel pump and replacement sliding door handle in yesterday. After reading the fuel pump instructions I decided to go ahead and replace the fuel filter as well. It's a $2.95 part so I might as well put in a new one. The more I get in to this thing though the more I wonder if this isn't the original fuel pump. The gas tank has obviously been replace in the fairly recent past. I'd think that if you were going to bother with replacing that then you might as well replace the pump and filter as well. That could explain why my fuel pump makes so much noise. Maybe it isn't broken so much as just its a crappy after market part. The Bosche one that I'm going to install claims "virtually silent operation" so hopefully there will at least be a sound improvement.

Today though will be a door handle kind of day. I'm going to see if I can get it installed during my lunch break. I'm really not sure how the handle is going to be attached to the door but how hard could it be? Should be fun. I'm supposed to get a new camera phone today in the mail so maybe I'll even have some pictures of this operation.

0 comments: