Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ack Where Are My Posts?

Somehow my posts have been lost in the ether. I posted from my phone a few times last week and none of those posts seem to have made it into the blog. Curse you Interwebs!

Its ok really because there wasn't all that much to report. The biggest event was that I went to a downtown AutoZone in a not so great part of town to see if I could find some parts I need to install my solar panel. While I didn't find what I was looking for, I did find all sorts of "bling" that I could install in the Vanagon. I was able to resist most temptation but I could not avoid the siren song of the eight ball shifter. I bought it and got it installed last Friday.

The install was actually a bit of a challenge because the previous owner had already installed an after market shifting knob. That alone wouldn't be much of a challenge but he decided he wanted to use some sort of demon spawn adhesive to permanently affix his icon of blandness to my shifter. Let's just say that removal involved the delicate use of a hammer and a 5 in 1 tool. I must say that I had my doubts about there actually being five uses for a five in one tool but I think I've discovered about 12 new ones in the past few weeks.

0 comments: