Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I think she liked it...

This past weekend I finally got the chance to take my wife out camping in the new van. She has been highly skeptical of the concept and not entirely convinced that the van was even capable of distance travel. Luckily for me the van was rock solid for the entire trip and I think I even convinced her of its utility. Both nights we had great weather and we were able to sleep with the top popped, venting window open, and rear hatch opened with the screen installed over the opening. We slept wonderfully and woke up refreshed. She was worried that it wouldn't feel like we were camping but would instead just feel like sleeping in the car. Thanks to the rear hatch being opened the bed really felt nice and airy yet the screen kept all the bugs away. Plus, the bed was a dramatic improvement over sleeping on the dirt. Its still a bit early but I'm pretty sure she's a fan now. I doubt she'll be posting to the blog or scouring eBay for upgrades but I don't think I'll have too much trouble convincing her to come along for the next trip.

0 comments: