Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Seat Possibilities

Looks like I might be on the path towards my first big upgrade. After my post yesterday I decided to see what some of my options were for dealing with the front seats of the van. I posted to the Vanagon mailing list asking for help and got some great replies. The most interesting was from a guy up in southern PA who is currently parting out several Vanagons. He told me that the post 86 Vanagon seats were a dramatic improvement over the stock 84 seats. They are far more ergonomic, are constructed better, and have arm rests. He said he had several sets that I could take a look at this weekend if I like. He was looking to get around $200 a set which I think would be well worth it if I could avoid another trip with a spring or two in my back. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments: